St Mary’s Methodist Church is situated on Wilmslow Road in Handforth. It was opened in 1872 and has served the community of Handforth ever since. However, Methodism was present in the Handforth and Wilmslow area long before this. It is recorded that John Wesley preached at nearby Finney Green on 1st September, 1748.
St Mary’s is a very welcoming church. The congregation are very caring and are strongly committed to their pastoral care of each other. They seek to encourage people in their faith and to strengthen their links with the community.
St Mary's is committed to :
- Growing: Deeper into Christ;
- Growing: Wider into the community;
- Growing: Stronger in unity and love.