Styal Methodist Church is situated on Farm Fold in the village of Styal. The property itself is owned by the National Trust and is situated near Styal Mill. There have been Methodists meeting in Styal since 1790. As the society grew, Robert Hyde Greg converted our present day building, from a Corn Store into a Chapel in the 1830’s. The congregations in those days were mainly mill workers.
The church community today is drawn from Styal village and the surrounding area. Styal Methodist Church offers you a warm welcome. We are committed to serve the people of Styal sharing God’s love with them. We seek to strengthen our links with the village. The church welcomes visitors from the National Trust.
Styal Methodist Church seeks:
- to foster fellowship amongst Christians;
- to continue to grow as a caring community;
- to serve the people of Styal through sharing God’s love for all people, in our worship, prayer, friendship and service.
Sunday worship takes place at 10.30am, and all are welcome.